Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Answer to: Why isn't forgiveness a pert of the fruit of the Spirit?

                                                        An online discussion group



Why isn’t Forgiveness a part of the fruit of the Spirit in Gal.5:22-23?
I guess I view the fruit of the Spirit differently. As evidenced by Jn.15:1-8 only the Spirit can produce fruit, I view it sort of like the man altered fruit trees way back when- the 5-in one trees, by grafting in branches of other varieties, but without the abiding fruit of the Spirit no fruit may be produced. I view forgiveness than a fruit as more of a mandate Mt.6:14-15; Mt.21-35. Even so I see your points are well taken, but I'm old school trying not to read more into the text than is there. We can surely get into trouble attempting to "add" another fruit. At any rate we all agree it is the work of the Spirit as our flesh is rebellious and defiant to forgive or produce any of the fruit of Gal.5 for that matter. My flesh most definitely rebels at the very thought of forgiving.



As for Dr. Jone's questions: 1. Yes! God gives all men ample opportunity to come to faith in Christ. 2. No! Heb.9:27 "After this the judgment".  However your 1st statement concerning "those who've died before hearing the gospel" I must confess I'm a tad confused. How did that enter the discussion and what does it have to do with the discussion?

No comments:

Post a Comment